COVID-19 Update: Dear Applicants and Potential Participants,
Our crews and individual placements have always been the foundation and driving force of this organization. The safety of our participants has always been our utmost priority. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 situation, we have activated an Incident Response Team and are working around the clock to monitor and manage the effects of the outbreak. Conservation Legacy and its programs are strictly following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local public health agencies.
Mitigation and Minimizing Risk
We have implemented a variety of policies and protocols to reduce the risk to our participants and staff:
- Field crew programming has been postponed through May 1st, 2020. Individual Placement programming is running on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the placement’s ability to social distance and work remotely.
- Hygiene: All current participants and staff are following hygiene and safety protocols provided by the CDC, WHO and other public health agencies. Offices and sites are being sanitized and cleaned as often as appropriate.
- Remote Work Possibilities: Staff and eligible individual placements will be working remotely if possible. Social distancing is required of everyone, to the highest degree they are able to do so.
- Evaluating Travel and Large Events: All non-essential travel and group events have been cancelled or postponed.
- Self-Disclosure: Individuals joining the program or currently participating in the program will be requested to self-disclose any contact with individuals who are currently ill or may have been exposed to the illness. Participation or engagement in programming and/or activities may be delayed for individuals who have had recent contact. The well-being and privacy of such members is our number one priority.
At this time, our programming start dates after May 1st remain unaffected. While this may change, we encourage all interested applicants to apply for any open positions, and we thank you for your flexibility. We have always been a resilient organization and are dedicated to continuing to serve our communities and the environment into the future.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your program or recruitment staff.
We urge everyone to follow CDC and WHO protocols to limit the spread of the virus. We hope that you and your families are well.
Conservation Legacy and Program Staff
To learn more about current opportunities and to apply, visit program websites below
- Ancestral Lands
- Appalachian Conservation Corps
- Arizona Conservation Corps
- Conservation Corps New Mexico
- Conservation Corps North Carolina
- Preserve America Youth Summit
- Southeast Conservation Corps
- Southwest Conservation Corps
- Stewards Individual Placements
Search all of Conservation Legacy's current opportunities and current staff openings.
Below is a summary of position types by program.
|Program Models:||Youth Programming||Conservation Corps Crew||Veterans Fire Corps||Individual Placements||Leadership Opportunity||Ancestral Lands Crew|
|Arizona Conservation Corps||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Conservation Corps North Carolina||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
|Conservation Corps New Mexico||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Appalachian Conservation Corps||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Southeast Conservation Corps||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Southwest Conservation Corps||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Stewards Individual Placements||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Preserve America Youth Summit||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
Veterans Fire Corps
This program has helped me find the sense of purpose I lost after exiting the Marine Corps; it’s given me the foot in the door I was looking for. This is the kind of work that fills you with that sense of pride again"
Conservation Corps Crews
My time with the Southeast Conservation Corps and Americorps has been a literal life-changing experience that continues to shape who I am and what I do."
So far, each job we've had has exceeded our partner's expectations. In Tumacacori, they were expecting us to pull invasive species and water Cottonwood trees. Little did they know we would complete those tasks in two days with four work days to spare."
I have worked throughout Mesa Verde National Park. My highlights have been collaborative projects and having the freedom to be outside whenever I wanted. I believe this experience has built upon the skills I already possess while giving me new skills that can be used for a wide array of careers."
Who We Serve
Conservation Legacy emphasizes the recruitment and engagement of diverse teams and individuals who learn from each other and their projects in a supportive environment. In selecting participants, Conservation Legacy encourages all types of diversity including, but not limited to; race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social-economic, and disability.
Conservation Legacy also emphasizes the engagement of local individuals who represent the communities in which they serve. Conservation Legacy intentionally searches for funding sources and program options to support the goal of offering experiences to a wide range of participants.