June 11, 2018 | CONSERVATION LEGACY PHOTO CONTEST
Conservation Legacy is a national organization dedicated to supporting a cooperative of locally based conservation service programs that foster service in support of communities and ecosystems. In celebration of our 20th Anniversary and Great Outdoors Month, we want to see—how do you #ServeOutdoors? What is your boots-on-the-ground experience? Share it with us!
Deadline: Submissions must be in by 5PM (PST) JULY 12.
How to enter:
1. Post to Facebook and/or Instagram, and use the hashtags #thelegacyliveson and #ServeOutdoors
2. TAG your program (i.e. @arizonaconservationcorps)
3. Email photos to email@example.com
Recommended caption information:
Program name/crew name, if applicable
Detailed caption of subject matter
Any photo taken by a participant or alumni may be entered. You may enter the contest as many times as you like. Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as with a paragraph about their photo or to submit the original highest quality version of their photo). If you are an alumni, make sure you let us know in your post!
Eligibility: Any participant who has served or is currently serving in any Conservation Legacy program is eligible to participate. If submitting through social media, photos must be public.
Proper uniform and PPE must be shown when applicable. No limit on submissions. Photos should highlight project work, lifestyle, and/or personal, environmental and community impact.
The following submissions are ineligible:
• Media that violates or infringes upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright
• Media that contains obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content
• Media that was not produced by a program participant or alumni
• Media that has previously been submitted to a Conservation Legacy program
Individual Categories: conservation corps crew, individual placement and alumni
1st Place each category: REI Gift Card $100
2nd Place each category: America the Beautiful Interagency Pass
3rd Place each category: $25 Parks Project Gift Card
Winners will have their media showcased locally and nationally through social media and publication
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, inspirational quality and subject matter.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit. Conservation Legacy has the right to:
• Display the photograph on social media platforms, in videos and in print and digital publications.
• Retain a digital copy of your media that will be archived in the Conservancy Legacy archives
Get out there, all you shutterbugs!
Contact Jenna Rosengren, firstname.lastname@example.org